Do I qualify for a Habitat for Humanity home?
- Able to pay an affordable mortgage. Habitat Homeowners purchase their home. We secure affordable financing and create a payment plan that ensures homeowners do not spend more than 30% of their monthly income on housing costs.
- In need of better housing. Applicants accepted into the Homeownership Program struggle with housing that is inadequate. Inadequate housing is often one or more of the following: unsafe, unaffordable, unhealthy, or inaccessible.
- Willing to partner with us. Each adult completes 200 hours of sweat equity in lieu of a traditional down payment.
Note: You will not be eligible for a home if you currently own a home, have judgements against you, have been in bankruptcy or foreclosure in the past 3 years, or are a registered sex offender
WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS. To apply, please print and complete the application available through this link Housing application (or here for an application in Spanish) .You can also request an application be emailed to you by contacting us at email@example.com, or by visiting or calling our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore at 641.209.9450. Mail completed applications to GFAHFH – Application, P O Box 334, Fairfield, IA 52556 by June 25, 2019, or submit in a sealed envelope to the ReStore by the same date.
Here are some steps you need to take immediately to prepare yourself to qualify for a Habitat home:
- Print and review your free credit report at freescoreonline.com or https://www.creditkarma.com/
- Begin addressing judgements and excess debt as soon as possible.
If you are interested in learning more about qualifying for a Habitat for Humanity home in Fairfield, Iowa or need further advice reducing your debt, please call our local Habitat ReStore at 641.209.9450 and leave a message including your contact information (phone and/or email) for the Homeowner Selection Committee.